It starts with the vines and the land. HALL’s estate vineyards stretch from ancient riverbeds on the valley floor to sun-drenched hilltops, encompassing more than 500 acres of classic Bordeaux varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc.
In our pursuit to craft the finest Bordeaux varietals possible, each HALL estate vineyard was strategically chosen for its elevation, microclimates and soil types. Director of vineyards, Don Munk, and his viticulture team, employ small-vine farming to produce low-yield, highly concentrated fruit. Each vineyard block is managed uniquely – farming practices are adjusted according to varietal, terroir, clone, rootstock, and row orientation. We farm for the highest quality fruit and employ organic practices to ensure vineyard health and optimum fruit character.
Kathryn Walt Hall is the proprietor of HALL Wines and has been involved in the California wine industry since her family first purchased a vineyard more than thirty years ago. She has had a distinguished career as a successful businesswoman, community activist, and most recently as the United States Ambassador to Austria.
Environmental Responsibility in Our Vineyards
• HALL believes that the health of our environment is essential when crafting the finest wine possible. We will make every effort in our vineyard management to ensure the health of our ecosystems.
• HALL uses only natural products for weed and pest control with careful attention to the natural health and biodiversity in the soil.
• HALL vineyards are now certified organic.
• HALL implements fish-friendly farming practices in compliance with the rigorous standards of state and federal water quality laws (Clean Water Act), the federal Endangered Species Act, the state fish and game code as well as local regulations.
• HALL plants cover crops in all of our vineyards to minimize erosion and sedimentation of local waterways.
• HALL has incorporated the use of 50% bio-diesel fuel in our farming operations to reduce our overall carbon emissions.
HALL $1 Free Shipping
We have nearly eliminated shipping fees for ANY order of six or more bottles.
hat is “Free $1 shipping” you ask? Very old laws prohibit California wineries from giving you anything for less than one dollar, that includes free shipping. It’s a funny law, so we decided to have fun with it! Kathryn has asked us to offer “Free $1 Shipping” on any order of six or more bottles. That makes it an excellent time to fill your cellar and take advantage of nearly free shipping on standard ground orders. >Shop Now!
Visited 585 times, 1 Visits today